The stretch of river you will be kayaking is ~ 7.5 miles in length starting at Cobbtown Rd./HWY Q. and ending at Brainards Bridge Park in Waupaca. A majority of the trip is easy paddling, however, there are some area’s on your trip where you will encounter fallen trees, rocks and some white water making it challenging for some people. Call us for further inquiry regarding the trip.
We have two trips that go out daily – 9:30am and 2:00pm leaving from and returning to Health and Fitness Headquarters (N2610 State Rd. 22, Waupaca, across from the Waupaca High School). Please show up at least 15-20 minutes prior to departure time. If you paddle at a leisurely pace, the trip will take roughly 3 - 3.5 hours to complete if you don’t stop.
What to Expect:
You will get wet while on the trip. Most is easy paddling; however, there are some rocks you’ll need to maneuver around possibly requiring you to hop out of the kayak if you get stuck. Some lifting may be involved in order to empty your kayak of water. Most of the river is less than 3 feet deep with only a couple spots with deep water. (these spots are very small and you will be over them in seconds.) Further instructions will be given by an instructor prior to your trip departure.
What to Bring on Your Trip
* Shoes to wear in the river. (flip flops are not recommended)
* Bug spray
* Towel, extra shoes/clothes (for the ride home)
• We offer the rental of a dry storage bag for $2 if you want to bring a camera, cell phone, etc. However, we make no guarantees it will stay 100% dry. Use it at your own risk!
• Waupaca Kayak Adventures will provide everything you need for your trip including: kayak, paddle (plus 1-2 extra paddles for the group), life jacket, and transportation to and from the river.
• NO food or beverage items are permitted on the river. (This is to keep our river clean from litter.) However, during the very hot days, you can bring water in your own personal water bottle. We don't want anyone dehydrated!