On this adventure you will be paddling on a stretch of river from the Red Mill to Shadow Lake. It is a 5 mile journey through some beautiful country with lots of bends, turns, and wildlife. Only a few houses border this waterway. It is the perfect option if you are new to kayaking.
We have two trips that go out daily – 9:00am and 2:30pm leaving from and returning to Health and Fitness Headquarters (N2610 State Rd. 22, Waupaca, across from the Waupaca High School). Please show up at least 15-20 minutes prior to departure time. If you paddle at a leisurely pace, the trip will take roughly 2 hours to complete if you don’t stop.
What to Expect:
You will find this stretch of river to be very easy paddling. The bottom is primarily sand and next to nothing for whitewater. The only challenge may be to paddle around or possibly under a fallen tree along the way. The river depth varies from 1 - 4 feet of water. If you are looking for an incredibly relaxing and scenic paddling experience, this is for you. Further instructions will be given by an instructor prior to your trip departure.
What to Bring on Your Trip
* Shoes on this trip are optional.
* Bug spray
* Towel, extra shoes/clothes (for the ride home)
• We have dry storage bags for you to use if you want to bring a camera, cell phone, etc. However, we make no guarantees it will stay 100% dry. Use it at your own risk!
• Waupaca Kayak Adventures will provide everything you need for your trip including: kayak, paddle (plus 1-2 extra paddles for the group), life jacket, and transportation to and from the river.
• NO food or beverage items are permitted on the river. (This is to keep our river clean from litter.) However, during the very hot days, you can bring water in your own personal water bottle. We don't want anyone dehydrated!